Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Nutzo Bottled Peaches!

I just had to get my remember 9-11 in so I put some of the peaches on my mantle.
Now do you believe it...I decided that I could not only do the freezer peaches but I decided I could bottle peaches too. Yes I am a real"Molly Mormon" now...at least that is what the neighbor told me. I actually had fun too. Dave and I did our usual giving of the peaches away. We gave to more than 75 families(the Lord blessed our trees this year) plus I did my freezer down stairs full of pint and quart freezer bags full of the sweetest peaches all peeled and sliced. Yummy in all the recipes... and then I did 24 pint bottles full and 8 quart bottles full. It felt so good. We love to see our friends, neighbors,and a few strangers faces when we give them a basket full of fresh picked peaches. It is the best! I even got to take some to my brother Kevin, who was shocked when we opened up the trunk to see it full. I don't think he shared with my sister though. He sure has told me of all the cobbler and smoothies and stuff he has made. So if you have a good recipe send it my way....yes Ang I have some here for you take home, but you have to come get them...
What a great feeling to add these fresh bottled peaches to our storage room down in the basement. When time gets tough, at least we have some peaches to eat with our wheat bread.
Blue ribbon peaches at that!!! Can you tell I am proud of my accomplishment???funny LOL

2 comments:

Autumn said...

Way to go mom! The peaches were yummy...the bottled ones look really good too. <3, Autumn

Ang said...

That is a beautiful sight Mom!